Monday 10 February 2014

[Lets Bake] Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Now, I am no food blogger... Nor food photographer... BUT

All that aside, 

THESE ARE AMAZE.

I insist you try them... not only for their simplicity, but because they taste good!

And honestly if I can't get them wrong then neither can you.


Now the recipe is simple. 

But that's how it should be, when you have children around your feet...

Yes he is drawing on me. 

Are you telling me, your children don't use you as a canvas?

ANYway... back to the Muffins...

I am KNOWN for stuffing up muffins... 
I believe its over mixing... 
or not enough moisture... 
or just not that practiced in the muffin making department.

These have been spot on from day ONE.

Now, I wavered from the original recipe from my year 7 text book... Cookery the Australian way and kind of made it up as I went a long... 

You could say I used it more as a guide.

So, get yourself some flour... 

wait lets do this properly.

1.5cups of SR flour
2 tablespoons of castor sugar {I use raw castor sugar... STAY WITH ME}
1/2 tsp of cinnamon... now because Ronan usually makes these with me... that's his part and it usually ends up being about a full teaspoon.. or more. 
I then add a handful of sultanas.
Then I add three quarters of 400gm a tin of pie apples, I use the left overs in the porridge the next morning {I use the SPC variety}.

Then while Ronan is doing his best impersonation of an electric mixer.

I rush around and in a separate bowl I mix

3/4 of a cup of milk
2 tablespoons of butter, melted 
& an egg.
Lightly beat them all together until well mixed.

Then I convince Ronan that it is my turn now and I add half of the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix GENTLY until all combined.

Once that is done I add the rest until mixed in just so, then I stick them in a well oiled tray or in some muffin 'cups' as they are called by a certain 4.5 year old I know.

Stick them in the 'hot' [oven] for about 20mins on 180 and Voila.


This recipe cracks out 12 muffins every time. There may be only 7 left as I type this... 

It is also VERY good with 2-3 bananas instead of the apples. 







Baked lately? Do share...
What's a favourite in your house?

























Your comments are not only awesome! They are inspiring!
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS
01 09 10